Why we are called to go to Costa Rica
Acts 26:18 “…to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.”
1. For God’s Glory – 1 Cor. 10 v. 31 & 33b “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God…for I am not seeking my own good, but the good of many, so that they may be saved.“
2. To take the people of Costa Rica the message of God’s grace – Eph. 2 v. 8 & 9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.”
3. To help disciple the people that have already professed faith – Matt. 28 v. 19 “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you…”
4. To minister to the children – Prov. 22 v. 6 “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
5. To do Biblical counseling – 2 Tim. 3 v.16 & 17 “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”
6. To be a witness for Christ by living amongst the Ticos we are serving – 1 Tim. 4 v. 12 “Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speach, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.”
7. To encourage other believers and workers for the Lord in Costa Rica – Gal. 6 v. 10 “As we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
8. To house and host mission teams from the states and to be translators for them.
The purpose of our ministry is to glorify God in Costa Rica by sharing His love and grace and making disciples of Jesus Christ.